Recipe by Schmevz
Welp, the name pretty much says it all. Tuna salad is very quick and easy to make, as well as being very versitile from light and sweet to heavier and spicey.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 -5 tablespoons dill relish
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 slices provolone cheese, deli style
- tortilla chips (preferabley the bowl shape)
- lime juice
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon garlic powder
- cilantro, if you want some more color (optional)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Open the 2 cans of tuna and use the lid to squeeze out as much water as you can over a sink.Take off the lids and set aside.
- Take 1 cap full of lime juice in each can and just let it sit until tuna is used again.
- Get about 4 paper towels and stack them. manuever the bacon on the paper towels. Place in the microwave for about 3 minutes. (The benefit to microwaving bacon is only for the crispness.)
- While that's goin, spice up the dill relish. Add the cayenne, pepper, and garlic with the relish and mix thoroughly.
- Take the two cans of tuna and drain out all the extra lime juice. Now mix in the tuna. (make sure you do not "blend" you want the tuna to be decently chunky.
- Put in the mayo and parm, and mix.
- Set out about 20-24 tortilla chips on a couple of plates. Rip up the cheese and place evenly on each tortilla. Take out the bacon and place in the tortillas for probably 20 seconds or until the cheese looks "sweaty". Take out and spoon out 1 teaspoon or more of the tuna salad on each of the tortilla chips.
- Dab the bacon to get off extra grease. Break up the bacon into about dime size pieces and place evenly ontop of the whole tortilla/tuna salad spread.
- You can always add and/or take away ingredients in tuna salad. Enjoy.