Recipe by Aaliyah's&Aaron'sMum
The spicy tangy prawns are lovely served by themselves with some grilled lime wedges but I love the flavours of the salsa along with it.. so either way, it's delicious! Cooking time indicated includes marinating time.
Top Review by Debi
Yum Yum Yum! But wait - it gets better!....I've made this recipe twice now this past week with slight modifcations. For the sauce - I doubled the lime juice and added 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes. For the Salsa, I left out the olive oil completely and added a splash of hot sauce. Now for the fun part - the 2nd time, I made this with fresh BC salmon instead of prawns and it was beautiful (not to mention delish) with the salsa served on top. Thanks for sharing this. I imagine it' would be amazing with halibut as well. I just made this for family but will definitely be impressing guests with it was well. Thank you for sharing this!
For the spicy lime prawns
- 20 large prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
For the Tomato Avocado Salsa
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 fresh green chilies or 1 red chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- For salsa, combine tomatoes, avocado, spring onion, chilli, coriander, garlic, lime juice and oil in a bowl and season with salt and pepper (you may make this upto 3 hours in advance. Cover tightly with cling film and refrigerate).
- You will need 4 wooden skewers soaked in water for atleast 20 minutes to stop them from burning.
- In a bowl, combine the minced garlic, paprika, chilli powder, lime juice and salt.
- Add in the prawns and toss to coat evenly.
- Thread 5 prawns onto each skewer, cover with clingfilm and refrigerate for 30 minutes (you may marinate the prawns upto 2 hours in advance).
- Pre-heat indoor grill to medium-hot, or for outdoor grills, medium-hot coals.
- Grill the prawns until they are pink and the flesh is opaque, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot with salsa and/or grilled lime wedges.