Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
This marinade is adapted from a recipe found in Chile Pepper magazine. Although I found it delicious, I did not find it "spicy", so if you are not a fan of spicy food, don't let the name scare you away. Next time I make it, I will probably add some crushed red pepper to the marinade. Prep time includes 1 hour to marinate, but you will probably want to marinate the breasts longer than that.
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic granules
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons peppercorns, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a large, resealable plastic bag and add chicken; tightly seal the bag and refrigerate for 1 to 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Grill over high heat, 4-6 minutes per side (depending on size/thickness of breasts).
- To freeze:.
- Place chicken and marinade in a freezer bag; seal, label and freeze.
- Thaw in fridge overnight and proceed with cooking directions.
I actually used this marinade on boneless pork chops rather than chicken and it is great on that as well. I placed the meat and marinade in a zip top bag that I froze. I thawed overnight in the fridge before grilling the chops. They have a great flavor that doesn't turn out too spicy for the kids.
These were just so good! I marinated these for 8 hours. The marinade was perfectly spiced and left the chicken so moist and flavorful. I didn't add anything additional (ok, I put in more garlic!) and loved the recipe just the way it is.
I made these flavorful breasts to go with your Greek orzo salad for our Labor Day picnic and they were well recieved by all. They had a nice spicy bite to them (I added a bit of crushed red pepper as you recommended) but not over-powering. The spice blend was a pleasant mix of flavors also. I actually marinated them overnight which I think helped to make them even more delicious. We really enjoy your recipes so please keep them coming! ugogirl