Recipe by Buster's friend
This recipe from Allrecipes.com ( TY Ryan Nomura! :) ) has all the right elements for an excellent marinated grilled steak. the recipe calls for flank steak but I plan to use on which cuts look best on sale. I will also do this at least once on the charcoal grill - it adds that wonderful smoke flavor! ***overnight marination not included in prep/cook times****
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves, fresh
- 1 cup cilantro leaf, loosely packed
- 3⁄4 cup corn oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 lbs flank steaks
- kosher salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree the garlic, onion, lime juice, jalapeno, thyme, cilantro, corn oil, and honey into the bowl of a blender or food processor until the ingredients are well incorporated. Marinate the flank steak with 1/2 cup of the puree in a resealable bag overnight in the refrigerator. Reserve the rest of the puree to use later as a sauce.
- Preheat a grill for medium-high heat.
- While grill is warming, remove the meat from the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Discard any marinade left in the bag. Liberally season the steak with the kosher salt, and cook to desired doneness, approximately 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- To serve, slice the steak against the grain into 1/8 to 1/4 inch slices, and drizzle the remaining marinade over the meat.