Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
I love making these for family and friends! Spicy, cool and creamy all at once! Great for summer BBQ's!
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper, can sub regular
- 1 lb turkey tenderloins, butterflied
- 1 lime
- 4 pita bread rounds, cut in half or 4 any flat bread
- 1 cup sour cream, can sub light if preffered
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped can sub fresh parsley
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In shallow, flat dish, combine first 7 ingredients.
- Rub mixture over turkey, cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Grill butterflied turkey 5-6 minutes or til done, turning once.
- Remove to plate, and squeeze lime juice over tenderloins.
- Slice into 1/4 inch slices.
- In small bowl, mix together rest of ingredients (except pitas).
- To serve, fill each pita half (lightly warmed on grill if desired), with turkey slices and top with sour cream sauce.
- Top with shredded lettuce if desired.
- *You can also just top whole pitas, and fold over like a taco if preferred.
Loved this, spice combination on poultry is perfect. Used chicken instead of turkey. The sour cream sauce I changed slightly-halved the green onion and peppers, and glad I did. Served with recipe#209486. Thank you for a wonderful meal.
These are great! I made a few minor changes to this recipe which we enjoyed by using chicken breasts (instead of turkey), skipping the paprika and fennel (out of) and instead of the green chilies I used 1 jalapeno. I also used fat free sour cream and whole grain pita bread. Great pita sandwiches which we served with fruit salad. Thanks for sharing this keeper which we will be having often!
Halved the spices in the rub (except the cayenne, which I quartered) and the peppers in the sauce, and this was still a super spicy dish!