An Egyptian recipe from "Extending the Table" cookbook. Also known as Shorbet Addis.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop vegetables into large chunks.
- 2Put vegetables in a large soup pot with garlic, lentils, water and bouillon cube.
- 3Cover and boil 20-30 minutes without stirring.
- 4Cool slightly and puree in batches in a blender.
- 5Return puree to the pot and add cumin, salt and cayenne pepper.
- 6Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to blend flavors.
- 7In a separate pan, fry chopped onion in 1 tablespoon oil until golden brown.
- 8Float onions on top of soup.
- 9Hint: Serve with wedges of lemon to bring out flavor.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Lentil Pot
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g