1 hr 20 mins
This is a very tasty meatless dish. I like to stuff it in pita pockets. wraps or scoop it with tortilla chips. Tastes great warm or cold. *I found 2 teaspoons a bit overwhelming, so I recommend if you make this start with 1 and sample it before you add any more.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml bulgur, rinsed and drained
- 59.14 ml small French lentils (or any lentils)
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped small
- 118.29 ml chopped parsley
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced (spring onions)
- 44.37 ml lemon juice
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1 g Sazon Goya seasoning (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper
- romaine lettuce, leaves separated (optional)
- 1Place bulgur in a large bowl, set aside. Place lentils in a small saucepan;add enough water to cover by 2 inches. Heat to a boil; reduce heat to simmer; cook until lentils are tender - about 15 minutes.
- 2Drain any liquid; pour hot lentil over bulgur, mix thoroughly. Cover; let stand until bulgur becomes soft about 1 hour.
- 3Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the red onion cook until golden. Pour onion and olive oil from pan into bulgur and lentil mixture.
- 4Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- 5You can use romaine leaves to scoop and eat.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Lentil and Bulgur Salad
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.2
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 203.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 4.1 g