Recipe by GourmetGradStudent
I love this recipe during the cold months of the year. It evolved from a recipe torn out of a magazine and it changes a little bit every time I make it.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, Minced
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, Minced (About 1 Tbsp)
- 1 tablespoon garlic and red chile paste
- 2 stalks lemongrass, Peeled and Bruised
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups water
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 3 ounces enoki mushrooms, cut into small pieces (optional)
- 1⁄3 lb angel hair pasta or 1⁄3 lb rice noodles
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 lime, juice of
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red chili pepper, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Prep all ingredients. This comes together quickly so it is nice to be fully prepped.
- Heat oil in medium sized pot over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, ginger, chili paste, and lemon grass. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes to bring out flavor. (It'll smell really yummy at this point!).
- Add mushrooms and chicken and stir to coat for about 2 minutes. Don't brown them, you just want to let them soak in some of the flavor.
- Add the chicken stock and water and bring to a boil.
- Add the noodles and cook for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in cilantro, oyster Sauce, lime juice, green onions, and red pepper.
- Let stand for a few minutes then discard lemon grass.
- Serve with siracha, lime wedges, and oyster sauce.