Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Recipe from http://besthomechef.com.au/recipe/spicy-lemongrass-chicken-with-coconut-juice/
Make and share this Spicy Lemongrass Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (200 g) chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 560 g chicken wings, cut in half at the joint, discard wing tips
- 1 cup fresh coconut juice
- 1 long red chili, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 long green chili, cut into 2cm pieces
- 3 spring onions, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 lemongrass, white part only, chopped (for the marinade)
- 2 shallots, chopped (for the marinade)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped (for the marinade)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (for the marinade)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (for the marinade)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (for the marinade)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder (for the marinade)
- 1⁄3 cup coriander leaves, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons rice bran oil
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (for the marinade)
- Process garlic, lemongrass and shallots in the food processor until finely chopped. Place the chicken in a large non-metallic bowl. Add all the marinade ingredients and mix using your hand until combined. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat oil in a wok or a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Fry the chicken pieces with the marinade and cook for 5-6 minutes or until browned.
- Add the chillies and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the coconut juice, stir and cover. Cook on high heat, stirring occasionally for 6-8 minutes until the juice is reduced by half. Add the spring onion. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with steamed jasmine rice.