Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
These spicy and savoury shrimp are wonderful served with a salad, angel hair pasta or plain white rice. I'm not really sure of the times...but it is a quick recipe.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes or 1⁄2 a red chili pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 plum tomato, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 20 medium-large shrimp
- salt & pepper
- 1 splash lemon juice
- 3 basil leaves, chiffonade (strips,sliced thinly)
- lemon slice (to garnish)
- 1. In a sauté pan over medium/high heat, combine the butter and olive oil. When the butter is melted, add the hot pepper flakes (or chili pepper) and onion. Sauté for 2 minutes or until the onions are softened.
- 2. Add the lemon zest, tomatoes, garlic and white wine. Sauté for another 2 minutes.
- 3. Add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper to taste. Add a splash of lemon juice. Cook for 1 minute more.
- 4. Transfer to warm plate and serve the shrimp topped with the basil chiffonade and lemon slices.