1/1 Photo of Spicy Lemon Chicken Risotto
Risotto is one of the most satisfying meals to make. The key is patience! Add the stock slowly and stir constantly!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 lemon, juice and rind of
- 100 g fresh spinach leaves
- sea salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, to taste
- extra fresh lemon rind (to garnish)
- fresh coriander leaves (to garnish)
- 1Combine the cumin, coriander, chilli, garlic, fresh coriander leaves and oil.
- 2Add the chicken and marinate for as long as possible.
- 3Grill until chicken is cooked through.
- 4Keep warm.
- 5If you prefer you can cut the chicken into small pieces before you marinate it.
- 6To make the risotto bring the chicken stock to a simmer.
- 7Keep hot on a low gas.
- 8Saute onion and garlic in olive oil.
- 9Add rice and stir until mixture is coated in oil.
- 10Add more oil if necessary.
- 11Add wine and stir until absorbed.
- 12Add half of the lemon juice and stir until absorbed.
- 13Add chicken stock, one ladle at a time and stir until all liquid is absorbed.
- 14If rice is still too chewy add some diluted stock, one ladle at a time, until rice is tender.
- 15Place spinach leaves in a colander and blanch with boiling water.
- 16Drain and transfer to a bowl.
- 17Stir through remaining lemon juice and finely chopped lemon rind.
- 18Stir spinach mix through risotto.
- 19Season to taste with sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- 20Slice cooked chicken into small strips and stir through risotto.
- 21Serve topped with more cracked black pepper, lemon rind, fresh coriander leaves and parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Lemon Chicken Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (1303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1157.5
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 97.5 mg
- Sodium 1233.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 157.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 55.7 g