Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious meal that you can serve to your guests.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, zest of
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice wine or 2 teaspoons aji mirin or 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh unpeeled ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, mixed to a paste with
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- Blend together lemon juice, zest, sugar, soy sauce, rice wine, ginger and red pepper flakes together in medium bowl.
- Add chicken and coat with mixture.
- Cover and marinate at least 1o minutes at room temperature.
- Remove chicken breast and save marinade.
- Heat a nonstick skillet or wok on High.
- When hot, pour oil down sides of wok.
- Add chicken and sear 2 to 3 minutes on each side until chicken is golden brown.
- Drain oil, leaving chicken in pan.
- Add marinade and broth back into wok and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to Low; simmer gently, cook chicken for 10 more minutes and don't forget to turn frequently.
- Mix water and cornstarch together to make a thickener.
- Turn wok to Medium and stir in thickener.
- Cook for an additional minute or until sauce thickens.
- Spoon over cooked chicken.