Chicken...with an extreme kick. (*Warning* Not for those unable to tolerate spicy foods.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 habanero
- 1/2 white onion (cut into thin rings)
- 1/2-3/4 cup mushroom (baby bella)
- 3 garlic cloves (small-medium in size)
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 dash ginger
- 1 cup cooked brown rice (or noodles)
- 4 cups raw spinach leaves
- 1 -2 tablespoon 2% low-fat milk
- 5 -6 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 dash ginger
- 11. Clean and prepare chicken.
- 22. Slice jalapeno, habanero, onion, and garlic. Rinse mushrooms.
- 33. Pour 2-3 tablespoons oil in a medium pan. Place chicken, jalapeno, habanero, onion, garlic, and mushrooms in pan. Begin cooking on high heat.
- 44. While the chicken is cooking, sprinkle it with caraway and fennel seeds, paprika, cumin, curry, salt, pepper, red pepper, and ginger. (If you’d like, you can drizzle some orange juice over it, too.).
- 55. Cook the chicken mixture until the vegetables and peppers are soft and the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- 6For the Orange Spinach:.
- 71. Spray a small pan with oil. Put spinach in pan, turning the heat on high.
- 82. Mix together milk and orange juice in small bowl.
- 93. Pour mixture over spinach, sprinkle with ginger, and cover pan with a lid. Steam until the spinach has cooked down.
- 10On a bed of rice (or noodles, if you'd like), layer the chicken and spinach. This meal is best served with milk. :).
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy-Lava Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (710 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 652.8
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 76.7 mg
- Sodium 841.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.2 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 39.4 g