Recipe by Topher
A larb is a spicy Thai appetizer. This is for tofu but can be easily substituted with my personal preference of ground chicken or even turkey.
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (14 ounce) packageswater-packed firm reduced-fat firm tofu, drained and crumbled
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 2 cups thinly vertically sliced red onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 serrano chilies, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 9 large cabbage leaves (green or red)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients, stirring until sugar dissolves; set aside.
- Spread tofu in a single layer onto several layers of paper towels; cover with additional paper towels. Let stand 15 minutes, pressing down occasionally.
- Heat oils in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and chiles; sauté 3 minutes.
- Add tofu; cook 8 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in juice mixture; cook 1 minute or until heated. Remove from heat; stir in basil and mint. Spoon about 1/2 cup tofu mixture into each cabbage leaf.