Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 6 mins
POSTED FOR RAMADAN TAG. Recipe by Grace Parisi on http://www.foodandwine.com
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 3⁄4 tablespoon hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs trimmed lean leg of lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 lb small zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- greek pita bread, warmed for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk the yogurt with the paprika, cumin, allspice, garlic and the 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with 1 1/2 teaspoons of kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- Add the lamb and stir until evenly coated.
- Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour or refrigerate for up to 3 hours.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Thread the lamb and zucchini onto 12 long metal skewers and brush with oil.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Grill the kebabs over moderately high heat, turning, until the lamb is browned outside and medium-rare inside, 6 minutes.
- Serve the lamb kebabs with Warm Greek pita bread.
Its an absolutely delightful meal full of flavour and so easy to prepare. we served it with garlic bread and a tossed salad, thanks for posting.
This is a delicious dinner. Don't be afraid of the "spicy" in the title, it is not hot, but rather flavorful. Not big fans of pitas, we served the kebabs with a quinoa mixture topped with a little feta cheese and sauteed baby mushrooms. Very good!
Make My Recipe Tag#10: Delicious recipe!! Love the yogurt marinade for this with all the spices - wonderful!