Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Delicious magazine. Something different to do with lamb mince.
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground mixed peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon ground star anise
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 500 g ground lamb
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan and fry onions, ginger, garlic and spices 5 minutes until onions are soft. Allow to cool.
- Mix together lamb, peas and egg with the onion mixture and season with salt. Shape into 12 patties.
- Heat remaining oil in a pan and fry patties in batches 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.