Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
The yogurt-based marinade would also work well with cubed beef sirloin steak. I got this wonderful recipe from Cooking Light. This does not include marinating time
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 garlic, minced
- butterflied leg of lamb
- Combine first 11 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add lamb to bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator for 3 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove lamb from bag, and discard marinade. Thread lamb onto 8 (10-inch) skewers. Place kebabs on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 8 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning occasionally. Place kebabs on a platter; sprinkle with mint. Serve with lemon wedges.