Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Flavorful lamb with a kick!
- 2 lbs lamb fillets, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 green sweet peppers
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 2 onions
For the marinade
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric (or more if desired, depending on how spicy you desire)
- 1 pinch ground red pepper or 1 pinch cayenne
- Up to 24 hours prior to grilling, combine marinade ingredients and pour into freezer bag. Place lamb cubes in marinade and refrigerate until ready to grill. Be sure all pieces of lamb are covered with marinade.
- Prepare vegetables.Wash and dry veggies. Cut green peppers and onions into 1 inch chunks. Set aside.
- Prepare skewers by spraying a light coat of cooking oil to prevent sticking. Place lamb and vegetables on skewers. Grill spicy lamb kebabs for about 5-7 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.
My family really liked the lamb. I used the cayenne pepper and next time I will use crushed pepper flakes. I might try some other herb besides turmeric for the mediterrian spice. Very tasty! Thank you for posting it for us!
These Kebobs Rock!!! DH and I loved them - even our DD ate them. The seasoning really enhanced the flavor of the lamb. Thanks for a recipe that we'll make again.