Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Found in The Guardian. By Anjum Anand.
- 450 g ground lamb
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 20 g fresh coriander
- 3 1⁄2 cm fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 2 -3 green chilies, chopped or 1⁄2-1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 large egg
- 2 slices white bread, crumbed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 300 g Greek yogurt
- 30 g coriander leaves
- 15 g mint leaves or 1 tablespoon good quality dried mint
- 1 -2 green chili (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Roughly chop the onion, ginger, garlic, coriander and green chillies in a blender or by hand.
- Add to the mince along with the remaining ingredients.
- Shape into 6 burgers and chill for 20 minutes or until needed, removing from fridge 30 mins before cooking.
- Meanwhile, mix together the yoghurt ingredients, season to taste.
- Preheat the grill.
- Place the burgers on a well-oiled baking sheet and cook for 4-5 minutes each side, or in an oiled non-stick pan for 8 minutes, turning halfway.
- Serve in warmed hamburger buns on a bed of lettuce and tomato and onion rings with a good spoon of the yoghurt on the top.