Recipe by lazyme
This is one of our favorites. Very simple and quick.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Wow! This is excellent! I had 2 lbs of lean ground lamb so I doubled the recipe..... but I did not double the chicken broth. I added a little minced garlic, too. The lamb flavor goes so well with everything in this recipe. It's definitely a more exciting chili than the usual beef chilis; and yes, it is easy. We enjoyed this witha dallop of sour cream and some cilantro garnish. I'll make this again. Thanx for sharing!
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 453.59 g ground lamb
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 22.18 ml chili powder
- 9.85 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cayenne
- 680.38 g tomato sauce
- 2 (850.48 g) can black beans, drained
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 389.80 g can chicken broth
- 198.44 g can green chilies, chopped, undrained
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a large Dutch oven with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add lamb and onion, and cook until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain well; wipe drippings from pan with a paper towel. Return lamb mixture to pan.
- Add chili powder and remaining ingredients, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.