Recipe by lazyme
This is one of our favorites. Very simple and quick.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Wow! This is excellent! I had 2 lbs of lean ground lamb so I doubled the recipe..... but I did not double the chicken broth. I added a little minced garlic, too. The lamb flavor goes so well with everything in this recipe. It's definitely a more exciting chili than the usual beef chilis; and yes, it is easy. We enjoyed this witha dallop of sour cream and some cilantro garnish. I'll make this again. Thanx for sharing!
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 24 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (7 ounce) can green chilies, chopped, undrained
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a large Dutch oven with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add lamb and onion, and cook until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain well; wipe drippings from pan with a paper towel. Return lamb mixture to pan.
- Add chili powder and remaining ingredients, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.