Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one of our favorites. Very simple and quick.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 453.59 g ground lamb
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 22.18 ml chili powder
- 9.85 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cayenne
- 680.38 g tomato sauce
- 2 (850.48 g) can black beans, drained
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 389.80 g can chicken broth
- 198.44 g can green chilies, chopped, undrained
- Coat a large Dutch oven with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add lamb and onion, and cook until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain well; wipe drippings from pan with a paper towel. Return lamb mixture to pan.
- Add chili powder and remaining ingredients, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Wow! This is excellent! I had 2 lbs of lean ground lamb so I doubled the recipe..... but I did not double the chicken broth. I added a little minced garlic, too. The lamb flavor goes so well with everything in this recipe. It's definitely a more exciting chili than the usual beef chilis; and yes, it is easy. We enjoyed this witha dallop of sour cream and some cilantro garnish. I'll make this again. Thanx for sharing!
I also thought this was a great recipe for being so easy. Didn't feel like super spicy tonight, so I toned down the chili powder and cayenne. I used kidney beans instead of black beans, which was just as good. Thanks for the recipe!
This is a very tasty, easy recipe. I made just two minor changes: 1/4 tsp cayenne and 4.5 oz green chiles instead of the amounts called for. Served with sour cream, cheddar cheese and crackers. Thanks for the recipe!