Recipe by graciethebaker
Posted by request. I found this recipe on the bag of seaweed (miyuk, in koean). It is delicious and very healthy. Gochujang and gochu garu are korean ingredients easily found in korean groceries. I cannot think of any decent substitutes. This is usually eaten with rice during korean meals, not as a main dish.
- 1 ounce dried wakame seaweed (miyuk, or wakame)
- 1 tablespoon korean red pepper bean paste (kochu jang in korean)
- 1 teaspoon korean ground red pepper powder (kochu garu in korean)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons roasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon very finely minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak seaweed in hot water for 5-10 minutes.
- use scissors or fingers to tear into bit size pieces then squeeze out water.
- mix rest of ingredients together to make dressing.
- mix dressing and seaweed together.
- Taste to see if seasoning is to your liking. you may want a little bit more salt or sugar.
- refrigerate and serve cold.