1/2 Photos of Spicy Korean Glazed Pork Ribs
These succulent ribs, a version of those served at Do Hwa, are adapted from the cookbook Dok Suni: Recipes from My Mother's Korean Kitchen by Jenny Kwak, whose mother owns Do Hwa. Wine: serve with a fruity, low-oak chardonnay
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2267.96 g pork baby back ribs, trimmed of excess fat
- 1892.0 ml water
- 113.39 g fresh ginger, unpeeled and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 118.29 ml packed light brown sugar
- 8 large garlic cloves, minced
- 354.88 ml soy sauce
- 44.37 ml sesame oil
- 44.37 ml korean red pepper flakes or 29.58 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 1In a large roasting pan set over 2 burners, cover the ribs with cold water and bring to a boil over moderately high heat. Boil for 5 minutes. Transfer the ribs to a large plate; discard the water.
- 2Return the pan to the 2 burners and add the water. Add the ribs and ginger; bring to a boil. Add the sugar, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil and chile flakes. Cover with foil and boil over moderately high heat for 7 minutes. Simmer over moderately low heat, turning the ribs a few times, until tender, about 20 minutes.
- 3Preheat the broiler. Transfer the ribs to a large rimmed baking sheet, meaty side down. Boil the braising liquid until thickened and intensely flavored, about 10 minutes. Strain the liquid; you should have about 2 cups.
- 4Generously brush the ribs with the braising liquid and broil 4 inches from the heat, rotating the pan, until glazed and lightly charred, about 3 minutes. Turn the ribs meaty side up and brush again with the braising liquid. Broil, brushing occasionally and rotating the pan, until the ribs are glazed, about 4 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes, then cut between the ribs, mound on a platter and serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Korean Glazed Pork Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (1226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1903.6
- Calories from Fat 1304
- Total Fat 144.9 g
- Saturated Fat 51.1 g
- Cholesterol 459.2 mg
- Sodium 6484.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 29.2 g
- Protein 104.2 g