Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you are craving for fried chicken, but tired of regular flavor then try this spicy korean chicken! Gochujang miso (hot pepper paste) gives golden red color and heat in your mouth. Crispy outside and juicy inside, the flavor makes you smile and satisfies your stomach.
- 600 g chicken thighs (cut into bite size)
- 2 tablespoons garlic (minced)
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 50 g all-purpose flour
- 50 g cornstarch
- canola oil (to fry)
- 4 tablespoons red chili paste (gochujang miso)
- 4 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 teaspoons ground red chili peppers
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1) Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and place them in a bowl and with 2 tablespoons of garlic and salt and pepper. Mix well and rest for 30 minutes.
- 2) Beat the egg and coat the chicken pieces with the egg.
- 3) Mix flour and potato starch 1:1 and lay the chicken pieces in the mixture to coat.
- 4) Heat the oil high and deep-fry the chicken till golden brown.
- 5) In another pan heat 1 tablespoon of canola oil and the Gochujang sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- 6) Sauté finely chopped onion in the pan till brown and then add the Gochujang sauce and heat until it bubbles.
- 7) When the sauce shimmers, put in the fried chicken pieces and toss with the sauce until evenly coated.