1/1 Photo of Spicy Korean Fried Chicken
If you are craving for fried chicken, but tired of regular flavor then try this spicy korean chicken! Gochujang miso (hot pepper paste) gives golden red color and heat in your mouth. Crispy outside and juicy inside, the flavor makes you smile and satisfies your stomach.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 600 g chicken thighs (cut into bite size)
- 2 tablespoons garlic (minced)
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 50 g all-purpose flour
- 50 g cornstarch
- canola oil (to fry)
- 11) Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and place them in a bowl and with 2 tablespoons of garlic and salt and pepper. Mix well and rest for 30 minutes.
- 22) Beat the egg and coat the chicken pieces with the egg.
- 33) Mix flour and potato starch 1:1 and lay the chicken pieces in the mixture to coat.
- 44) Heat the oil high and deep-fry the chicken till golden brown.
- 55) In another pan heat 1 tablespoon of canola oil and the Gochujang sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- 66) Sauté finely chopped onion in the pan till brown and then add the Gochujang sauce and heat until it bubbles.
- 77) When the sauce shimmers, put in the fried chicken pieces and toss with the sauce until evenly coated.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Korean Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 678.1
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 230.0 mg
- Sodium 464.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 40.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red chili paste