1/1 Photo of Spicy Korean Cucumber Salad
1 hr 10 mins
Emily Han's Note:
Spicy sliced cucumber banchan (side dish). I'm Korean so this is a mild to medium spicy, but if you are sensitive to spice, half the pepper paste and pepper powder, then add to taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and slice cucumber into 1/4 - 1/8" pieces. Discard ends.
- 2Spread cucumber slices onto cutting board. Sprinkle with salt and let sit for at least 15 minutes. You should see water start to form on them.
- 3Meanwhile, mix all other ingredients well in a 1.5 Quart mixing bowl. (Use 1/2 cup Rice Vinegar for small to medium size cucumber, 3/4 for larger one).
- 4Press cucumber slices with paper towel or cheesecloth to remove water.
- 5Put cucumbers in bowl and stir so they become coated.
- 6Let marinate at least 1 hour before serving. Cucumbers may start to become a bit limp, but do not let them get soggy due to the vinegar.
- 7To store, place cucumbers in a plastic container with only a little liquid, and leave in the refrigerator.
- 8This recipe serves about 4 for banchan (side dish). Cooking time is marinating time. Add or subtract ingredients to taste. Try green onion or more garlic.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Korean Cucumber Salad
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 23.1
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 117.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
korean red pepper paste