1/1 Photo of Spicy Korean Chicken
J e l i s a's Note:
This was one of my favorite dishes growing up...mom would make it at least once a week. Sometimes she would add potato cubes and fresh ginger, but this is the way we preferred it. I'm not sure what the proper name for it is, sorry! If boneless chicken is used, you can skip the first step, that is only done to discard extra fat from the skin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 chicken wings, cut in 2, tips discarded or boneless chicken
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 236.59 ml carrots, cut in 1 inch diagonal slices or 236.59 ml baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 73.94-88.74 ml soy sauce
- 0.25 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml water
- 59.16 ml red pepper paste, (kochujang)
- 4.92 ml crushed dry red pepper, (Korean kochugaru) (not the kind you put on pizza, found in oriental grocery stores)
- 1Boil wings in pot until blood no longer visible.
- 3Mix ingredients together and bring to boil.
- 4Cover and let simmer over Med heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Cook until carrots reach desired tenderness.
- 6Serve with sticky white rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Korean Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.1
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 113.1 mg
- Sodium 1385.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 30.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red pepper paste