Mims & Squims's Note:
I've tried the basic recipes, but they just don't have enough kick to 'em. So here's my lower fat, spicier version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves, fully cooked and diced (I usually just boil them)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 12 corn tortillas, quartered
- 2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies (diced)
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos
- 1 jalapeno, seeded & minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- tony cachere's seasoning (cajun or creole)
- 1In large bowl, season chicken with salt, pepper, & Tony's. Mix in 1 T cilantro.
- 2Line bottom of 9"x13" pan with tortilla pieces. Add ½ of chicken.
- 3In a small pan heat Ro-tel, soups, broth, pimentos, and jalepenos. Pour half the mixture over chicken.
- 4Layer half the cheese on top.
- 5Repeat layers.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Cover with foil and let sit 5 minutes.
- 7Garnish with 1 T cilantro & serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy King Ranch Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.1
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 53.5 mg
- Sodium 735.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 30.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
98% fat-free cream of chicken soup