Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I've tried the basic recipes, but they just don't have enough kick to 'em. So here's my lower fat, spicier version.
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves, fully cooked and diced (I usually just boil them)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 12 corn tortillas, quartered
- 2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies (diced)
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos
- 1 jalapeno, seeded & minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- tony cachere's seasoning (cajun or creole)
- In large bowl, season chicken with salt, pepper, & Tony's. Mix in 1 T cilantro.
- Line bottom of 9"x13" pan with tortilla pieces. Add ½ of chicken.
- In a small pan heat Ro-tel, soups, broth, pimentos, and jalepenos. Pour half the mixture over chicken.
- Layer half the cheese on top.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Cover with foil and let sit 5 minutes.
- Garnish with 1 T cilantro & serve.