- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 lbs large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro or 1 cup flat leaf parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a very large skillet. Add the garlic, paprika (One Tablespoon plus One teaspoon), cumin, ginger and cayenne and cook over moderate heat until fragrant, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring, until they turn pink, 2 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and stir in the cilantro.
- Transfer to a platter and serve.