Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This wonderful shrimp recipe is by Nadia Roden from Party By the Pyramids. It is healthy and super fast. If you have all of the ingredients ready ahead of time, you can prepare the dish quickly, as guests arrive.
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 lbs large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro or 1 cup flat leaf parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a very large skillet. Add the garlic, paprika (One Tablespoon plus One teaspoon), cumin, ginger and cayenne and cook over moderate heat until fragrant, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring, until they turn pink, 2 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and stir in the cilantro.
- Transfer to a platter and serve.
Very easy to cook, although with lots of much tastier shrimp recipes seems to be a waste of such a lovely product
Absolutely wonderful. I added a little extra oil and sauted a finely chopped pepper and finely chopped onion with the spices. i sub'd the sweet paprika with spanish smoked paprika and i didn't have ground cumin to hand so i just threw in some cumin seeds instead. i had cooked king prawns rather than raw so i just took the mixture off the heat once the veg was cooked through and stirred in the cooked king prawns. Served this with some fresh basmati rice with a dollop of butter mixed in. definitely making this one again! very quick and very easy!!
This was delicious! I cut the recipe down ALOT for just the 2 of us so I cut the sauce ingredients in half. I used the parsley from my garden. This couldn't have been easier! Made for I Recommend Zaar Tag Game 2012.