Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These would be great with chili, or any meal. Quick, easy, and tasty!
- 3 1⁄2 cups baking mix
- 1 -2 tablespoon taco seasoning mix (to your own taste)
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese (4 oz)
- 1 cup milk
- butter (optional)
- Combine baking mix and taco seasoning in a large bowl; add tomatoes, cheese and milk, stirring until soft dough forms.
- Drop dough by two tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake at 425°F for 12-15 minutes or until biscuits begin to brown.
- Serve warm with butter, if desired.
airbornearmywife,it seems like great minds think alike,i just recently submmited something close to this.i thought mine was my own.:)i guess that's what happens when you come here to zaar you try to get creative.
I doubled the recipe,because I was having 16 ladfies over. :-) I had 48 buiscuits and had to hide 2 for my husband! They could'nt get enough. I think some had at least 4 of them. So do i need to say THESE ARE GOOD! I use Mexican Cheese blend, because I already had that. Thanks for posting.
These were good and came together so easy! I halved the recipe and made a few changes. I used Taco Seasoning Mix(#45798), replaced the tomatoes with salsa(#73404), and used mozzarella instead of pepper jack. They were still spicy, but next time I will definitely make them with the right cheese-we LOVE spicy stuff! Thanks for posting a great recipe, airbornearmywife!