great and tasty rub for grilling. from Aisha. Posted for ZWT5.
Make and share this Spicy Jerk Rub recipe from Food.com.
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 2 schotch bonnet chilies or 3 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 tablespoon cider, binegar
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- Place spring onions, chillies, ginger, garlic, onion, allspice, thyme, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, pepper, rum, vinegar and oil in a food processor or blender; pulse to a paste. Use 1 recipe per 4 servings. Rub onto meat just before grilling.
- Can make up to 1 day in advance. Cover and refrigerate.