Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
The spice level of this dish is mild. For hotter taste, you can leave the seeds in the jalapeno pepper.
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 4 whole cloves
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 8 garlic cloves
- 3 large shallots, peeled and cut in half
- fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced (3-inch piece)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, halved and seeded
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups cubed pineapple, 1-inch pieces (about 1 medium)
- 1 1⁄2 cups red bell peppers, 1-inch pieces (about 1 large)
- 1 1⁄2 cups green bell peppers, 1-inch pieces (about 1 large)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- cooking spray
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add first 3 ingredietns to pan; cook for 1 minutes or untl lightly toasted and fragrant.
- Place spices, brown sugar, and next 9 ingredients (through jalapeno) in a blender; process until smooth. Combine spice mixture and chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove chicken from bag, reserving marinade. Thread chicken, pineapple, and bell peppers alternating onto each of 8 (12-inch) skewers. Brush reserved marinade onto pineapple and bell peppers. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Place kebabs on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 8 minutes or until chicken is done.
Was just about to post this Cooking Light recipe. Thanks for doing the work for me! This is a great summer recipe!!!