Recipe by Miss Annie
This salad uses jalapenos to jazz it up. You may omit them if you don't like it spicy.
Top Review by half_baked
I made this with a little extra spice (didn't de-seed the jalapenos, and substituted one habanero for a jalapeno). It tasted a little unbalanced, so I threw in a can of mandarin oranges. Perfect! I'm happy I found this recipe. I have salads like this at potlucks and never tried making my own until now. Yum!
- 1 whole napa cabbage, trimmed and shredded
- 3 green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced (using white and green parts)
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 1 (3 ounce) package oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine cabbage, green onions, cilantro, and jalapenos.
- Remove noodles from soup mix and break into small bite sized pieces.
- Add to cabbage mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk oils with vinegar, sugar and contents of seasoning packet from soup mix.
- Pour over salad and toss thoroughly.
- Add sesame seeds and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss to mix.