1/1 Photo of Spicy Japanese Persimmon Bread
1 hr 15 mins
Chez Jonny's Note:
This recipe is my own nod to Fall, combining both Japanese ingredients and metaphors for the season together with our traditional Western craving for sweet things during the Holidays.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups japanese persimmons, pulp (kaki, 6 blended persimmons with a little water)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large egg whites (or 3 large egg replacer for 2 eggs)
- 1 1/4 cups applesauce
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (can be omitted)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Sift dry ingredients into bowl. Beat egg whites or replacer, add to pulp, then add liquids.
- 3Mix dry ingredients into pulp mixture, add raisins and almond slivers.
- 4Pour batter into two well buttered, powdered loaf pans or one bundt pan.
- 5Bake loaves for about one hour or until done.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Japanese Persimmon Bread
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.4
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 376.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 21.7 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: