Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These noodles are highly spiced with chili and flavored with sesame seeds for a nutty taste. If fresh Japanese noodles are difficult to obtain, use dried rice noodles or thin egg noodles instead.
- 18 ounces fresh japanese noodles (1 pound, 2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 1⁄2 ounces snow peas
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces white cabbage, shredded
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 scallions, sliced (to garnish)
- Bring a large pan of water to a boil.
- Add the Japanese noodles to the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes- Drain the noodles thoroughly.
- Toss the noodles with the sesame oil and sesame seeds.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a large preheated wok or skillet.
- Add the onion slices, snow peas, carrot slices, and shredded cabbage to the wok and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the sweet chili sauce to the wok and cook, stirring occasionally, for another 2 minutes.
- Add the sesame noodles to the wok, toss well to combine, and heat through for another 2 to 3 minutes (You may also cook and serve the noodles separately, if you desire).
- Transfer the Japanese noodles and spicy vegetables to warm serving bowls and garnish with sliced scallions- Serve immediately.