1/3 Photos of Spicy Jamaican Meat Pies With Island Salsa
Ground beef wrapped in crescents gets all spiced up, Jamaican style. Found this on the Pillsbury site recipe by Diane Joyce Phillips from Va. in the 2002 bake-off. We have them a lot down here and I like this crust better - no lard ! This is my first recipe I am at your mercy !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno chile, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- salt, to tase
- 1/4 cup Progresso Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 (8 ounce) Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1 cup old el paso thick & chunky salsa
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can tropical mixed fruit, coarsely chopped drained reserving 1 table. juice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1Heat oven to 375°F.
- 2In large skillet, combine ground beef, onion, chile & garlic. Cook over med to high heat until beef is thoroughly cooked; stirring frequently; then drain fat.
- 3Add curry powder, thyme, turmeric, pepper, grnd red pepper & salt; mix well.
- 4Add bread crumbs and water; stir until thickened.
- 5Separate dough into 8 rectangles, firmly press perforations to seal.
- 6Place 2 heaping tablespoons of meat mixture on long half of a rectangle. Fold dough over filling & press edges to seal.
- 7Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 8Bake at 375F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 9Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine all salsa ingredients; mix well.
- 10Serve with meat pies.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Jamaican Meat Pies With Island Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.2
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 87.3 mg
- Sodium 671.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 24.6 g