Recipe by Manami
Ground beef wrapped in crescents gets all spiced up, Jamaican style. Found this on the Pillsbury site recipe by Diane Joyce Phillips from Va. in the 2002 bake-off. We have them a lot down here and I like this crust better - no lard ! This is my first recipe I am at your mercy !
Top Review by 932ninja
Excellent!! I loved the spice combo! I didn't do the water and breadcrumbs, and I used rolled out Pillsbury Grands Biscuits. I also mixed mango chutney and salsa for the dipping sauce. Super awesome! Thanks for this naughty little pouch of goodness ;)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno chile, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- salt, to tase
- 1⁄4 cup Progresso Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 (8 ounce) Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1 cup old el paso thick & chunky salsa
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) cantropical mixed fruit, coarsely chopped drained reserving 1 table. juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In large skillet, combine ground beef, onion, chile & garlic. Cook over med to high heat until beef is thoroughly cooked; stirring frequently; then drain fat.
- Add curry powder, thyme, turmeric, pepper, grnd red pepper & salt; mix well.
- Add bread crumbs and water; stir until thickened.
- Separate dough into 8 rectangles, firmly press perforations to seal.
- Place 2 heaping tablespoons of meat mixture on long half of a rectangle. Fold dough over filling & press edges to seal.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine all salsa ingredients; mix well.
- Serve with meat pies.