- 2 medium finely diced and de-seeded jalapeno peppers
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg roll wraps
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pulse corn in a food processor or blender until chopped but not mushy.
- In a medium bowl, mix corn, cilantro, garlic and jalapeño pepper.
- Stir in chili powder and mix thoroughly.
- Add cream cheese and shredded cheese and mix until well blended.
- Place heaping teaspoonful of cheese mixture in center of egg roll, folding it up envelope style as directed on egg roll package, moistening edges with cornstarch and water mixture making sure it is well sealed.
- Continue until mixture is all used.
- Heat oil in pan to 350°F.
- Carefully drop egg rolls into oil and fry until golden brown, turning once (approx 3-5 min).
- Serve with guacamole or sour cream.