1/3 Photos of Spicy Jalapeno Crab Cakes
Gay Gilmore's Note:
This was one of my favorite appetizers served at our wedding. Our caterer served them bite-sized so they can be passed, but I would love to make them larger for an entree.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter or canola oil for frying cakes.
- 2Squeeze all excess liquid from crab.
- 3Mix rest of ingredients together, up to bread crumbs.
- 4Add to crab, mix gently.
- 5Add bread crumbs and mix.
- 6Add a bit more bread crumbs to form cakes of whatever size you like.
- 7Fry small cakes for a few minutes until brown on each side.
- 8Drain on paper towels.
- 9If you are making entrée size crab cakes, preheat oven to 450, fry on each side and put in oven for 5 minutes.
- 10Flip cakes and bake another 5 minutes until center of cakes is hot.
- 11Crab cakes can be held in a warm oven for about an hour if needed.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Jalapeno Crab Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.2
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 33.9 mg
- Sodium 183.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning