Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This slaw is great with anything BBQ'd or grilled. You are the captain of spice, you create the heat with the jalapenos you add in. You can actually leave them out and just use a drop or two of hot sauce or red pepper flakes or even a pinch of cayenne. However you make this, it's sure to be a hit! Note: I serve this in tortillas as a vegetable taco, or with meat. I also place some of the slaw on a plate and top with grilled steak, chicken, or catfish. So good!
- 1⁄4 head green cabbage, should be about 2 1/2 cups (can use red cabbage, or a combo of both)
- 1 medium red onion, halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced
- 3 medium jalapeno peppers, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons olivado avocado oil (can use vegetable, grapeseed or walnut oil)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 limes, juice of, about 1/4 cup
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (can use Splenda)
- 2 teaspoons prepared wasabi powder
- In a large bowl, mix the cabbage, red onion, and jalapeno slices.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the oil, rice wine vinegar, lime juice, sugar, and wasabi powder.
- Toss the dressing with the slaw, season liberally with salt and freshly ground black pepper.