Chef #256951's Note:
Recipe originally from Martin Yan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts or 1 lb chicken thigh, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 fresh red jalapeno chile, thinly sliced
- 1 green chili pepper (like serrano)
- 1/4 cup dry sherry or 1/4 cup rice wine
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup mint leaf, divided
- 1Whisk together marinade ingredients, mix well than add the chicken pieces and stir to coat well. Marinade the chicken for 10 minutes.
- 2Heat the oil in a pan over high heat till very hot. Then add the mint leaves, quickly cook the leaves till crisp, about 15-20 seconds. Remove and drain on paper towel.
- 3Remove all the oil but leave 1 tablespoon in the pan and return pan to high heat. Add the marinaded chicken and the chilies to the pan.
- 4Cook the chicken until it is no longer pink in the center, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 5Add the wine and chili garlic sauce to the chicken and cook for 30 seconds.
- 6Then add the sesame oil and the remaining 1/4-cup fresh mint leaves. Toss quickly to coat.
- 7Remove pan from heat and serve.
- 8Garnish with the fried mint leaves.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Jade Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.3
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 559.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 24.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: