Recipe by Pinay0618
This twist on the all popular macaroni and cheese includes three different types of cheeses, including Pepper Jack to spice things up.
Top Review by Laura O.
This one needed ALOT of salt. I subbed plain monterey for the pepper jack and added 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper. Other recipe sites give this one rave reviews. Maybe I should stick with the genuine spicy version and use the pepper jack. I thought it was bland.
- 8 ounces dry elbow macaroni
- 2 cups chopped frozen broccoli
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F Lightly butter 2 1/2-quart casserole dish.
- COOK macaroni in large saucepan according to package directions, adding broccoli to boiling pasta water for last 3 minutes of cooking time; drain.
- COMBINE cooked pasta, broccoli, cheddar cheese, Pepper Jack cheese, evaporated milk, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and black pepper in large bowl. Pour into prepared casserole dish. Combine remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs; sprinkle over macaroni mixture. Cover tightly with foil.
- BAKE for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake for an additional 10 minutes until lightly browned.
- * NOTE: For a less spicy version, substitute 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese and a few dashes of hot pepper sauce (optional) for Pepper Jack cheese.