Recipe by CJAY
from SeaPak Shrimp Co. I'm putting all my newspaper clippings here to preserve them. I haven't tried this yet.
- 1⁄2 lb uncooked linguine
- 12 ounces shrimp scampi (*such as SeaPak Shrimp Scampi, frozen)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- ToCook linguini according to package directions until it is al dente. Meanwhile saute shrimp in large non-stick skillet on medium for 6 minutes.
- Scoop shrimp out of pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Return pan with scampi sauce to stove and turn heat up to medium high. Add onions and saute for 5 minutes until they are translucent.
- Add diced tomatoes(including juice), wine, Italian seasoning and red pepper to onions.
- Bring mixture to a low rolling boil. Boil mixture for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add shrimp to pan with tomato sauce and continue sauteing for 3 minutes.Add cooked linguini and toss to coat and serve with shredded parmesan cheese, if desired.
- *To make your own scampi sauce see next recipe.