Recipe by Melanie2590
This is a VERY EASY crock pot recipe. Not your average roast! Throw it all together in the morning, and 6 to 8 hours later you've got some of the most tender and flavorful roast you've ever tasted.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs beef roast (your favorite cut- i use rump)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet dry onion soup mix
- 6 ounces beef gravy (or half jar- i use premade, it's just easier)
- 8 ounces zesty Italian dressing
- 4 ounces golden pepperoncini peppers, sliced (about 1/3 jar)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large crock pot, place roast. If it's a big one, I usually cut it in half. Add remaining ingredients, in no particular order. Cook on low or medium heat for 6 to 8 hours. The longer you cook it, the more tender it will be!
- I serve this with mashed potatoes or rice. The sauce that cooks off the roast is delicious as a gravy- just make sure and skim any grease off the top!
- And you can use any size roast you like. I am usually cooking for a bunch of people, so I choose a large one.