Recipe by Carrie Ann
This recipe from St. Croix Island was submitted to "Taste of Home" magazine by Teresa Methe who won 2nd place for it. This is excellent with fettucine, equaly good over rice and is even better the next day.
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 1⁄4 lbs uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute the green pepper and onion in butter until tender.
- Reduce heat; add shrimp.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce, green onions, parsley and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until slightly thickened.