Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I tried this once and really liked it. I was a little timid with the ginger root but it turned out really good. It's from the Favorite Brand Name Cookbook.
- 2 orange roughy fillets (about 1/2 lb) or 2 sole fillets (about 1/2 lb)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 teaspoons minced gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced cilantro
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 firm medium bananas, peeled
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- Arrange fish in shallow glass casserole dish.
- Combine lime juice, garlic, ginger, cilantro and red pepper in small bowl. Pour over fish. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes or overnight.
- Cut bananas in half crosswise, then lengthwise to make 8 pieces.
- In 12" nonstick skillet, saute bananas in margarine over medium-high heat until lightly browned. Remove bananas to plate.
- Remove fish from marinade. In same skillet, cook fish, covered, over medium-high heat 7-10 minutes or until fish flakes easy when tested with a fork, turning fish once.
- Remove fish to plate. Arrange bananas on plate with fish.