Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
One teaspoon of dried red pepper flakes with give you a mild heat flavor for more spice then increase the pepper flakes. Plan ahead the pork needs to marinade 8-24 hours. Make certain to soak the wooden skewers a minimum of 30 minutes before threading and grilling. Serve with favorite dipping sauce or you can use whatever leftover marinade that you have after basting the satay as a dipping sauce if desired. Make certain to use only low-sodium soy sauce for this recipe, also if you are using peanuts in place of peanut butter they must be unsalted. The recipe may be doubled but divided into two separate recipes and the pork marinated in two separate bowls. This will work well on on an indoor grill or oven broiler heat. For dipping sauce see Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 1 green onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 3⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter or 1 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 1⁄3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed coriander seed (can use up to 2 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes or 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter (slightly cooled)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin (cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes or desired size)
- wooden skewer (soaked in water for 30 minutes before grilling)
Directions See How It's Made
- One day ahead; in a food processor process garlic cloves, green onion, ginger, peanut butter, lemon juice, honey, soy sauce, coriander seed, dried red pepper flakes and black pepper until almost smooth.
- Add in chicken broth and butter; process until blended (about 6 seconds).
- Place the pork cubes in a large glass bowl, then pour the marinade on top; toss with a spoon to coat pork with marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8-24 hours, tossing a few times during chilling time (this can also be done in a large resealable plastic bag).
- Set grill to medium heat.
- Remove the pork from the bowl (do not discard marinade).
- Thread the pork cubes onto skewers.
- Place the marinade into a small saucepan and boil for 5 minutes.
- Grill the skewers for 10-15 minutes or until browned, basting with the cooked marinade frequently with cooking.
- Serve with desired dipping sauce and cooked rice.