Recipe by mandabears
Another one of my magazine clippings that is disintegrating. A wonderful spicy fish that tastes wonderful with steamed basmati or jasmine rice and a green vegetable. This is a easy microwave fish dinner. Cook time is marinating and cooking time combined.
Top Review by Member #610488
I'm not much of a fish fan but this quick and easy recipe made for a wonderfully relaxing meal. Have to be careful when cooking the fish in the microwave as mine almost overcooked it/dried it out.
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 lbs fish steak, like halibut or 2 lbs swordfish or 2 lbs fish fillets
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (2 limes)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Scatter 1/2 onion in 10x6 inch glass baking dish.
- Place fish on top of onion pieces.
- Mix soy sauce, lime juice,coriander, red pepper, turmeric, salt and pepper.
- Pour over fish.
- Turn fish to coat with marinade.
- Cover with remaining onion slices.
- Cover dish tightly with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for several hours (3).
- Turn fish over again in marinade.
- Cover lightly with plastic wrap.
- Microwave on high power for 6 minutes.
- Rotate dish and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Let stand covered for 5 minutes.
- Remove fish to platter.
- Serve marinade as sauce if desired.