Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I use red potatoes for this since I prefer the waxy taste, you can substitute for russet if you like a more floury texture. I serve these with my parmesan peppercorn dressing Parmesan Peppercorn Dressing. EDIT: If you prefer crunchy potatoes, you can increase the temperature to 400-450F half way through.
- In a small bowl mix the salt and spices together.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges, about 12 wedges per potato.
- Rinse and dry the wedges and place in a baking tray.
- Spray the potatoes with cooking oil and sprinkle the spice mix evenly over the wedges.
- Bake at 350F for 40-50 minutes or until cooked.
I was looking for something to go along with Chicken Mombasa and this made for a great accompaniment. I too would have liked a little more crispness. If I make again I would probably mix the spices with some olive oil and then coat the potatoes so they have a bit of crunch when cooked.
We thought these were good but would have preferred them to be a bit crisper. They had a nice spicy flavor that I think would be good with many Indian foods. Thanks for sharing.
What a wonderful side dish. I did cut the recipe in half and kept the spice amounts the same with the exception of the salt which I cut in half for personal preference. I cooked them at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes and they were wonderful, if a little dry. I will definitely be making these again. Thanks for posting!