Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Meatballs like in India? Hot? Spicy? Taste it!
- 500 g minced meat
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 bread rolls
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 small hot red chili peppers
- 5 cm gingerroot
- 1 egg
- 4 cloves
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 4 cardamom pods
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 500 ml yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 green onions
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- Water bread rolls for 15 minutes, press out water afterwards.
- Chop chilli, ginger and garlic.
- Mix lemon juice, bread roills, minced meat, curcuma, chopped chilli, ginger and garlic and egg to a dough.
- Ground gloves, cumin, black pepper, coriander seed and broken cardamom pods.
- Add ground spices, fish sauce and brown sugar to dough.
- Mix all ingredients and form meatballs out of 2 tbsp of dough.
- Chop zucchini, bell pepper and green onions to 2 cm long pieces.
- Heat sesam oil.
- Roast meatballs 2 minutes from each side, then put aside.
- Roast green onions for one minute, than add zucchini and bell pepper and roast for another two minutes.
- Put yoghourt into the pan and add meatballs again.
- Add curry paste and chicken broth
- Cook for 10 minutes. Turn meatballs after 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice and decorate with coriander leaves.
A very tasty meal. We used ground lamb and kept the cayenne pepper down a bit. Delicious